top of page
Teacher Writing a Formula on a Blackboar


Allows students to come to Canada for full time study in a recognized educational institution.


  1. Attain a letter of acceptance from the school they will be attending

  2. Show proof that they have the financial means to pay tuition and their living expenses

  3. Complete a medical clearance if they live in a country considered having a high rate of infectious disease.

  4. Show proof that they will return to their home country after their studies are completed

  5. Have basic knowledge of the French or English language

  6. If they are attending school in the Province of Quebec, they must also apply for a Certificate d’Acceptance from Quebec


Students do not need a study permit if their course of study is six months or less.


Students are allowed to work in Canada under several circumstances, including:

- on campus employment

- one year of post-graduate employment, which must begin within 60 days of graduation.

- Students who have studied for at least two years in Canada can apply for two years of post-graduate employment. This is only available to students whose university was not located in Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver, and whose employment is not in Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver

- Students can also apply for study permits to work off campus after attending school full-time for six months. The permits allow off-campus employment in any job for 20 hours a week during school, and full time when school is not in session.


Spouses and common law partners (including same sex partners) of foreign students can obtain work authorization for the entire period of the student authorization.


These facts are only an overview. Please contact us for a free and confidential assessment.

bottom of page